BASAL Implants – BOI Implants and Basal screws – bone grafts are history!
BOI implants are the most advanced system within the group of BasalImplants. These implants are well designed for immediate loading and therefore you get your permanent fixed teeth immediately in 3 days. These implants have a high success rate for patients who are:
- having bone with less height
- and those with gum disease.
The term “Basal Implant” refers to the implants utilizing principles of utilizing basal bone areas which are free of infection and resorption. The “Basal Implant” employ the cortical bone areas as such the patient’s chewing function becomes normal and even an old patient can chew hard food like nuts etc.
These simple devices – none of them even equipped with any kind of prepared surface for the
“Enhancement of Bone Regeneration
– seem to solve all principal problems of our profession today:Basal screw implants and BOI implants are independent of presence of bone volume in vertical dimension. This leads to completely changed therapeutic option in the upper jaw. Sinus lifts have become avoidable because all patients have sufficient horizontal bone naturally, even if vertical bone is missing.
Structure/Design of Basal Implants
Lateral basal implants are inserted from the lateral aspect of the jaw bone. With a disk-diameter of 7mm or more, they are inserted through a T-shaped slot in the jaw bone. Screwable basal implants are flapless implants and are placed through gum, without giving a single cut.
Many options for immediate implant placement and implant loading in the upper jaw are available. Today sinus lift is a time-and money-consuming procedure. Today, the application of traditional implants connected to sinus lifting procedures needs a good reason because minimal invasive options are available and should be a part of complete information to a well informed patient.
With axial implants, implant patients were forced to undergo four different surgical procedures over a one year period in order to receive implants:
- Extraction of all diseased teeth, curettage of granulation tissue, and preparation of the gingiva,
- Bone grafting after two months, with an additional surgery at the donor site,
- After six months of bone graft healing, insertion of the implants,
- After another six months of implant healing, placement of the crowns.
- Sometimes patients are subjected to additional periodontal surgery.
Patients desirous of getting fixed teeth have had to wear dentures for another year when treated with Axial implants.
The All-on-4 treatment concept was developed to provide edentulous patients with an efficient and effective restoration using only four implants to support an immediately loaded full-arch prosthesis.
The All-on-4 treatment concept offers clinicians and their patients various clear benefits:
- Stability even in minimum bone volume
- Good clinical results
- Planning with NobelGuide treatment concept
- Prosthetic flexibility
- Increased efficiency
These are used when there is insufficient bone to hold a normal dental implant. The difference between a Zygomatic Implant and a normal dental implant is that the former is longer and is placed diagonally into the cheek bone (zygoma), to make use of thUsually after extracting a tooth, the bone that held the tooth starts to shrink. In some cases the shrinkage is severe resulting in insufficient bone to hold a dental implant. This usually means a sinus lift and bone graft is required to build up bone structure and achieve better stability. In certain cases we can place longer Zygomatic implants into the cheekbone, giving better stability and strength to hold a implant retained bridge, and thus sometime negating the need for a bone graft. Zygomatic implants are placed carefully avoiding the sinuses, also eliminating the need for sinus lifts.Dental implants are a great solution to replace missing teeth, but can involve a 6 month period of waiting for the implant to fuse with bone before placing teeth onto the implants. With Zygomatic implants, you can place a bridge onto the implants straight away; therefore you will walk out of the surgery with a brand new smilee
KIMS Dental Care specializes in the implantation and teeth with in 3 days.